4 Jul 2017
Whenever there is a likelihood that employees may come into contact with asbestos in the course of their work it is advised that they receive asbestos awareness training. This training should be provided by professionals to ensure employees are aware of the dangers of asbestos and are provided with the correct information to allow them to deal with asbestos safely and in the appropriate manner.
So by the end of their training not only should such employees know the current regulations that exist in Ireland regarding asbestos, asbestos abatement, and asbestos removal and disposal, they need to know why they’re adhering to these rules. For example, what are the dangers of the material, how do you adhere to the recommended requirements, and what measures should they take in certain circumstances?
Here at we are OHSS are experts in asbestos training and we provide a wide range of courses depending on your needs including; courses in; identifying asbestos, asbestos fibre counting, managing asbestos within a building, removal of asbestos, and various safety courses. The full list is as follows:
- Asbestos Awareness
- Asbestos Removal New Operative
- Asbestos Removal New Supervisor
- Asbestos Removal – Operative Refresher
- Asbestos Removal – Supervisor Refresher
- Managing Asbestos for Supervisory Licence holders
- BOHS P401 - Identification of Asbestos in Bulk Samples
- BOHS P402 – Building Surveys & Bulk Sampling
- BOHS P403 - Asbestos Fibre Counting
- BOHS P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- BOHS P406 – Supervision and Management of the Safe Removal & Disposal of Asbestos
- BOHS S301 – Asbestos and Other Fibres
We also regularly provide Public Training Programs that anyone may attend just keep an eye on our website for upcoming dates and call us directly to book in.